With Warmth and Cheer
A warm, healthy and happy holiday season to you from moi and Nourish. I'm taking a mini-break this week to wrap the year and spend some time with loved ones...with one of my favorite holiday treats in hand. These olive oil orange-fennel shortbread featured last year, have quickly become a holiday tradition (also adorning the plate: German spice cookies with meyer lemon icing and tried and true peppermint chocolate bark) . Here are a few other treats, with health in mind, to usher in the new year. Until 2013...(don't worry, the third annual Bon Appetit Food Lover's Cleanse, devised by Sara Dickerman and I, will be coming on strong as of Jan. 1!).
More Posts you might like
The Gift Guide :: For Your Favorite Foodie
December never ceases to be all out craziness. The month seems to speed by like lightening each year, and inevitably I'm caught shopping...well, not totally last minute, but certainly not ahead of the game. That said, if you're scouting out the perfect gift for your favorite foodie or cocktail connoisseur this holiday, take a peek at some of my picks (my own personal lil wishlist), as recently seen on George PR's trusty blog. I will admit, a good few of these picks already adorn my kitchen and coffee table...and they make my cooking and eating experience that much more delightful each and every time.
1. The Edible Selby. Mouthwatering food photos and recipes, perfect addition to my coffee table.
2. Wolfum Coasters. Just cause they’re fun (and an easy stocking stuffer).
3. The Breville Juicer. The perfect detoxifying remedy after a long evening of holiday cheer.
4. Because you can be fashionable in the kitchen too. Birdkage St. Marks Studded Apron
5. Need I say more? Noble Bourbon Maple Syrup
6. Teroforma Whiskey Stones and Glasses. Nothing like sipping around a roaring fire.
7. For my dream kitchen….Brooklyn Copper Cookware's Hammersmith Saute Pan
Lucky you, you'll be able to find many of these items at my soon-to-be cafe and food shop, Nourish Kitchen + Table at 95 Greenwich Avenue (opening this coming spring, and with gifts galore come holiday season 2013!).
Image via: George PR